Bunions can be an annoying problem for many. It is a deformity of the joint found at the base of the big toe. This causes pain, swelling, and discomfort when walking or when doing nothing. Lifestyle choices are important to make sure the root cause of your bunion is addressed.
Know your choices in dealing with bunions. There are a lot of things you can try to ease the pain and reshape deformed bones. These are a few things to try:
- Pain management
Pain is a universal language to tells you and others that there is something wrong. When bunions occur, it is usually painful when the joint at the base of the big toe rubs frequently with your footwear. Just imagine the pain you get from blisters. Some people complain that the pain is so severe, they can’t walk.
What do to: pain medications can be a TEMPORARY option. Analgesics relieve pain sensations and inflammation. This is a very short-term solution. Prolonged intake of analgesics can damage liver, kidneys, and other vital organs. It is suggested to take pain meds ONLY when pain scale reaches 7 and above.
- Wearable thingies: pads and toe spacers
Pads and orthotics are worn to realign and reshape the deformed bone in the foot. There are a lot of these in the market.
Bunion Pads can be bulky and can cause extra sweating in the foot region. This means pads may be uncomfortable too. Toe spacers like Natuerlabs Bunion Toe Spacers are better in easing the pressure and pain while giving you comfort.
Natuerlabs Bunion Toe Spacers are designed to realign the toes in order to prevent rubbing and painful friction. It is made of durable gel material that is soft and comfortable to wear anytime of the day. This is your alternative to splints (that could be bulky and uncomfortable). Splints cause extra sweating of the foot. Designed to last, Natuerlabs Bunion Toe Spacers ease pressure so that the pain does not come back.
- SOLUTIONS FOR EVERY FOOT– Natuerlabs Bunion Toe Spacers includes a total of four toe spacers: 2 large and 2 small. The large bunion corrector is perfect for men’s second toes and women’s big toes. Women can use the medium bunion corrector on the second toe for relief
- GUARANTEED RELIEF– Our toe spreaders have already helped many Amazon customers get relief from bunion pain, and these can do the same for you! We guarantee it! If you’re not fully satisfied with our bunion pads within 30 days within date of purchase, we’ll refund your money
Surgery is usually necessary in severe cases of bunion. This is why it’s recommended to deal with bunions as early and not wait till the problem gets worse.
Surgeries for bunions are done through cutting (osteotomy) the bone or fusing bones together (arthrodesis). Both have compelling results. Some recurrences of deformity still happen in osteotomy. It may also take a long recovery time. Normal physical activities can resume depending on the comfort levels of the person. It takes three to six months to fully recover. Some other risks involve:
- Bunion may return
- Loss of feeling in the big toe can impair walking
- Footwear restriction – not allowed to wear high heels anymore
- Failure of bones to join properly